Tuesday 29 January 2008

Me and my menagerie!




First off, the horsey stuff! The pony in my signature photo, Boo, is not actually mine, she belongs to a friend, but she is probably my favourite pony in the whole world. Boo is special, and gave me my confidence back when it was at its lowest. Right now I have a kind of share agreement on a gorgeous horse called Maguire, a 16.2hh IDxTB. His owner has two horses, and Mags had been semi retired (though only 12) after being diagnosed with arthritis of the fetlocks. His lovely owner lets me treat him almost like my own (though of course he is still her baby!) and I am trying to get him fit again with the big aim of competing in maybe a Tack and Turnout or Riding Club horse class at a summer show. Check out that fuzzy forelock!! lol!


I also have a gorgeous, gorgeous puppy called Rufus. He is a miniature schnauzer and really is my baby, he's 6 months old. I haven't got any photos of him right now, as am on my work computer, but shall post some!
Then there's Freya the cat! She was a stray who we took in, and is the sweetest, most feisty girl ever!
And last but not least, my ratties! The girls, Caramel, Ruby and Molly, and the boys George and Huxley. The boys were rescues from a lab at Stirling University - it was closing down and all the animals were being destroyed. So glad we got them out of their little prisons - tiny cages where they couldn't even stand up properly! They are very lazy and nowhere near as agile and active as the girls, but they are happy chappies!


2 comments:

karaoke-queen said...

hiya! was lovely to hear about your animals and I hope the diet is going well.I stayed the same this week but I've put it down to losing 8lbs in my first two weeks so I was told it would level out eventually.I would have preferred a loss but at least its not a gain.I'm going out with friends on a hen nite on Saturday 3rd Feb and have been trying to save points and earn more by doing more exercise. I started swimming on Tues nite and managed 30 lengths. I've also become addicted to ebay and keep seeing things that I want and that are always the 'last purchase' this month. lol.How many hands is Boo? both horses look gorgeous and you are very lucky.Well i promisd myself an early night and I'm still sat here so I'll leave you for now. Good luck with your diet! Lisa,x (karaoke-queen)

Susan said...

Hey Lisa! Thanks again for the comments.How do I get onto your blog, I've tried clicking on your profile, but to no avail!

Hope things are going well for you - I've not been on the 3+ board as much as I would have liked to be over the last couple of weeks (or on here!) so I need to catch up! I would love to get back into swimming....think it will be something I do once I feel a bit more confident in a swimsuit!

xxxSusan

PS - Boo is 14.1, she is a Welsh Dx NF. She is a sweetheart!