Wednesday 13 February 2008

Argh! Feeling annoyed with myself that I have ignored the blog for a fortnight! The good news is that its not because I have been 'off plan'...I just haven't had the chance! I kind of feel that even though I started the blog to be about my whole life, its helping me more to treat it as just one to document my weightloss. I'm still trying with the other stuff, but my main focus in life just now is getting rid of this weight. I was thinking today about how good it is going to feel when I am back to the weight I was when I started uni, when I could go buy any pair of size 12 trousers and know that they would fit. There are dreams in my head of hitting a size 10, but I don't know about that. I'm not petite or fine boned, I have big hips and always will, and I think finally I am starting to accept my bodyshape. My target weight is set at 10stones, but once I get there I will reassess where I am and see if I think its worth pushing on for 9st 7lbs. I keep remembering that at one time I was deeply unhappy being 10st7, but I gained nearly another 3stones on top of that. I just don't know now if I have ever in my life had a true image of my body, and the only thing that scares me is that I get to this target weight and still feel unhappy. I really hope that doesn't happen.


Anyway..I am now officially down to 12st3lbs, and am hoping, hoping, hoping, to get my first stone off and be 12st1 on Monday, and into the 11s the Monday after that. I know its quite a big ask, but I feel that I can achieve it. I'm still motivated, and I have lost a lot of my cravings for things like chip shop chips and even my beloved pizzas. Its like its finally hit me that these things are just holding me back from what I want. I had a Dominos pizza the other week, and it was delicious, but I am out of that routine of having to have one every Friday, I want to get to a place where they are a yummy treat just when I feel like them. I am also learning how to have a fun night in without needing to buy two packs of Kettle Chips, a tub of houmous and a bag of jam doughnuts! I was eating way too much before, and am enjoying our 'cinema evenings' just as much with popcorn and cava as I was with Ben & Jerrys and mountains of crisps!

No comments: