Wednesday 16 January 2008

Gah! Work has been so (unususally) busy this week that I haven’t had a chance to update the blog with the results of my first WI! Well, I managed to get down to 12st 12lbs, which was a drop of 3lbs. I’d ordinarily be pretty chuffed with this, but annoyingly, I had succumned to a ‘sneak peek’ at the scales on Saturday morning, which had me in lighter than this, and so I was expecting a bit more. But in general I’m pleased. A loss is a loss, and WW only tell you to expect 1-2lbs a week, so by any standards, 3lbs is good. Means I drop down into ‘the 12s’ (thank goodness, hated being 13 stones!) The first mini goal that I set myself was to get to 12st 7, and I was hoping to do this by Valentines Day. That was me giving myself plenty of time, I’m really hoping now to lose 4lbs over the next couple of weeks and hit 12st 7 around the start of Feb. Part of me wants to plan out what all my next targets will be, but the rest of me just wants to aim for 12st 7 and then take stock again. I think that’s the best way. In an absolutely ideal world, I would be at goal weight of 10stones (or possibly a bit under) by my birthday at the end of August I keep thinking that I would actually like to get to 9stones, but that seems so light. I think I’ll wait to see how I look and feel at 10 first. I keep thinking back to when I was last at that weight, and it was when I met Martin, and although I was quite comfortable with my body then, I certainly didn’t feel skinny! But it’ll be different this time, I’m in a totally different place, and not with someone who will tell me I’m fat just to make himself feel a bit more ‘in control’. Or whatever it was for him!

Anyway, my big worry this week is Paul’s birthday, I know its going to be hard not to eat, drink and be merry with him. And I’ve got nights out the next two weekends in a row, both without him, annoyingly! My poor boy! But the hardest thing is going to be keeping within points at these nights out. Just have to be strong and alternate drinks with water. And read this before I go out. The feeling of seeing the display on the scales drop is way better than the feeling of going out drinking and eating . (it just doesn’t feel like that in the euphoria that follows two large glasses of wine and half a dozen vodkas!

No comments: