Monday 18 February 2008

I should feel great, but I feel awful!
3lbs off this morning (and actually, the scale flickered in the 11s before settling on 12stones!!)
But I have a horrible, sickly migraine, triggered by alcohol again this time (been nearly 6 months since that last happened) It started slowly, but by noon yesterday I was throwing up, and by evening I was shaking on the sofa and having to practically crawl upstairs. Hardly slept last night, and my head is still pounding, and the sick feeling is there in my stomach so I am scared to eat, and don't really have any appetite anyway. Annoying, as this is just the kind of thing that I can see messing my diet up, as soon as I start eating again I'll see a gain and it will put me off my stride!

But yeah..I genuinely am feeling lighter and slimmer, and I know that other people don't really notice it yet, as I'm quite tall, but I know I have lost inches as well as weight. My size 16 trousers are hanging off me, and I don't think I'm quite a 14 yet, but I am well on the way. Considering I was busting out of a 16 just at Christmas, its a big change. This is around the time when I have always slipped up before, as now that I am feeling a bit better about myself I get lax. Think I look OK, and start giving myself more treats. This time though, I think that there is a genuine change in my attitude, and I am beginning to stop viewing food as something that is essential to having a good time. Last Saturday I bought a bag of chip shop chips when waiting for my taxi home from town, and they were horrible, so I didn't eat them. I know that in December I'd have finished the bag regardless of what they tasted like, so that was a real victory for me. When I think now about going to the canteen and buying a pastie, bag of crisps and bar of chocolate for lunch, I feel bad, not good! I think what a waste, and why would I want to eat that rubbish when it is just going to make me feel bad the second I finish it. Also, this Friday I cooked a pizza that I KNEW I didn't want or need, but I had promised myself this pizza, and was determined to have it. Managed two slices, this is sooo unlike me! Am I really changing my eating habits? It feels like it. And I know that I want to stick with this diet, because I want to be buying all the nice summer clothes that were close last year, but that I let slip away!

Next main goals are to get my 10% , which is 11st11lbs, so only 3lbs away - def doable in two weeks, if not one. And to get to 11st7, which will give me a BMI of 25 and mean that I am actually in the healthy weight zone again!

I've joined a challenge on the 3+ WW board, that asks us to focus on water and excersize - def the areas of my life that are not yet properly WW compliant! Water won't be too difficult, but excersize will be. My only excersize comes from walking the dog and riding the horse! Think I will buy one of those little trampolines and try to get on it for at least 15 minutes a day!

So..another week starts...wonder if I will be able to confidently post that I am in the 11s next week! Do hope so! But if not, then I'll get there the week after. Just need to really stick to it this time! Being in the 11s is a big psychological thing for me, as I am only one stone band above getting back to my average weight when I was around 22, which was anything between 10st and 10st10. I just can't wait to be able to go shopping for trousers and tops and be able to fit into the ones I want! Promised myself a pair of beige flared cords and gorgeous strappy vest when I hit goal!

No comments: