Tuesday 15 April 2008

The holiday push starts here!

March has been pretty pathetic diet wise...I've hovered between 11st10 and 11st 8 for most of the month, and I've no-one to blame but myself - I've had 3 Domino's pizzas this month, the last of which on Saturday night I didn't even want or enjoy, and bought purely because 'come Monday the big holiday push is beginning'! Old habits..bleeurgh! Then on Sunday I had a massive dinner, with chocolate pudding and lemoncello icecream to follow. Oh I am such a gorb! But that's me back on track. I think I had a wee wobble and worried that I was going to mess up again - either gain or stall completely on the plan just exactly like I always do! I'm not letting that happen. Not this time. The blog actually came into play - I started to think about how truly awful it would feel to get to next January and to read back and realise that I hadn't lost anything and that I had wasted another year losing then gaining, losing then gaining a bit more! No way is that happening. I will get to goal. I suppose its just easy to get a bit downhearted as I know that when I started back in January, as much as I tried not to think of this grand plan where 2lbs a week fell off me, I couldn't help it, and I had visions of being at my goal weight for the first week in June. I've got 22lbs to go, so that's not going to happen now! But I can still do it for my birthday, and hey, if I don't, I will certainly do it for Christmas. I'll have a slim Christmas this year, and I'll be picking the funkiest outfit ever to wear on the big day! Whatever else happens, in 2008 I am going to get to goal. It just feels so hard sometimes- life gets in the way! I was out with some old uni friends on Friday, and I abandoned plan completely, but it felt fantastic to eat and drink what I wanted and not what I was supposed to. I had pints of cider, vegetable nachos with loads of cheese, and a massive chocolate cookie! Oh and a wee bottle of Corona with a lime sticking out the top at home - the taste of summer! Surely its on the way..Spring at least! But..umm..yeah...I don't feel too bad about the weekend, because I didn't actually gain, I had been good Monday to Thursday, and that felt great, as made me feel that when I get to goal there will still be times when I can do that kind of thing, go out with friends and not think about the diet. It'll just be an occasional thing, not something that has to happen every week! I think its also starting to feel like the year is running away. I know its only April, but I also know that once I go on summer holiday in June, which is under 8 weeks away, time will really fly and before I know it my birthday will arrive, and after that its practically winter again and everyone starts looking forwards to Christmas! I mean it doesn't really seem that long since I spent the everlasting day at Gatwick, waiting to fly out to Italy with everyone. It felt so good to get on holiday again, such a shame Gran wasn't really well for so much of it. But yeah..that day in Gatwick felt so summery, even though the Scottish weather meant that we didn't get much sun at all I still had a sense of a definite brighter season! And my point is that it doesn't seem that long ago! Here's another thing..we have a girl's Christmas dinner every year, in the week between Christmas and New Year. Its always great. (food wasn't so good this year though - wee Turkish place, fab starters, rubbish main course!) Anyway..we had a wee moment to say what we wanted to achieve this year. Its always a weird feeling, when you have a whole new block of time in front of you, and you can kind of write off the mistakes of the past, as you're starting afresh. I said I wanted to lose 3 stones. Everyone laughed..I don't think for a second that anyone imagines I will lose 3 stones. But I will. This years dinner, I'll sit there and be all skinny and may even have lost 3 and a half stones!
Right...enough..I must do some work!

No comments: